Ever wondered how other companies price their products? How is it possible to attach a price to an intangible asset and maintain credibility on the one hand and maximize the revenue stream on the other? There are no secret formulas, but there are helpful approaches that should be considered.
Microsoft. http://sundaybytes.com/ Global alliance Manager
- How does a blogosphere work: brief course - how can I personally benefit from a blog? - How can my company benefit from a blog? - The principles of creating a successful blog - Conclusion: it's all just getting started :)
Using Multi Variate Testing (MVT) to increase conversion rates
Multi variate testing (MVT) is a way to analyze a variety of changes to a given status quo and the impact these have in the conversion rates. While this methodology has been used for decades in the "real world", the e-commerce industry is catching up in implementing MVT to create and analyze different cart and checkout configurations. MVT is about improving your conversion rates by replacing "gut feeling" with "facts" to drive your online sales.
Analysis of the competitive situation in the user software distribution market. Ideology of the«Giveaway of the day» service that allows extra income of up to $1000 a day per programme, and additional branding.
Google offers independent software developers a series of cooperation programs which will allow the developers to build their Internet-application on Google platforms, get free traffic and monetize their applications receiving a share of Google AdSense ads revenues. Among such projects there are Maps API, Gadgets API and Google Coop.
1. What have we done and who needs it? (definition of market need, does it actually exist) 2. Market capacity and volume: Confused definitions? Evaluation parameters (product price, distribution area, competitors, consumer segments, temporary fluctuations). 3. Visual profile of a possible partner (what it really is and what it seems to be) 4. "So where's the money?" Who profits from whom and how much do they make? Transparency of cost estimates - a key to partners' trust. 5. Ambitions and money - the unity of opposites. Anyway: rich or famous? 6. Partners ... who are they: friends, comrades in arms, or a means of achieving the economic indicators? 7. Should we confer with our partners when changing the pricing or licencing policy? Should we grant discounts to end users? Damping by partners. 8. Marketing, PR, positioning - three components of success when working with a partner network. 9. Human factor in the communication with potential and existing partners. Principal enemies of compromise: indifference, noninvolvement, ignorance or unwillingness to listen to the other party. 10. Equi-distance and equi-proximity of partners. Should we grant exclusive conditions? 11. Unconventional ways of communicating with partners - company traditions (partner contests, conferences, dinners, personal informal meetings) 12. Managing a partner network online: partner certification system, sales statistics, rankings. 13. Success formula - mutual trust and openness.
Symantec Corporation Sales Director, CIS countries
Everybody knows that software is not just to be sold to a client, but the client's business objectives need to be met or 'big money' saved by spending 'small money' on a programme. This marketing textbook maxim becomes especially important when a product is offered to a large company of 100 employees or more. The simplest example with a one-day downtime of an Exchange Server in a company of, say, 500 persons earning $1000 per month each, may well result in losses amounting to $50 per day х 500 = $25k. So the cost of downtime or business automatization failure may well be assessed. The British Business Continuity Institute actually adopted the PAS56 standard in order to resolve this issue. Symantec's vast expirience in software product sales both to small companies and giant corporations around the globe allowed to develop a number of programme products and techniques permitting to evaluate the practical level of risk in dollars and cents, then select the right technology, and, upon its introduction, conduct a new assessment proving the risk level to have been reduced by a larger sum than the one that was spent on the project.
Media Planning for Software Companies in the Internet
RA Arton CEO
Main ways to plan advertising in the internet. Determining the objectives of an advertising campaign. Ru.net audience and possibilities of its segmentation for software developers. Determination of price limits for software companies' advertising in the internet. Ways of media plan optimization.
Methods of Increasing the Efficiency of Contextual Advertising
Sales Group Manager Yandex
Contextual advertising market trends, methods and techniques of increasing the efficiency of contextual advertising. Yandex's special features. Directa for advanced users. Techniques of analysing the results of contextual advertising campaigns.
PR in Germany - how to start business in one of the biggest Software markets in the world
talkabout communications gmbh Managing Director
- Media landscape in Germany - Case studies - how other Russian software companies succeeded - How to choose the right PR agency in Germany - Six steps to get into the German media - Do's and Don’ts of Media contact - Costs of a PR programme - Q&A session
Additional revenues from affiliate networks, SEO and cooperation with software archives
Svaytoslav Lushnya, Victor Sazhin
Review of the internet software distribution – decreasing efficiency of software distribution through software archives and affiliate networks, methods for output increase, the reasons for growing importance of SEO and advertising in PPC search at the promotion of products. Presentation of service that gives extra revenue stream from SEO and software archives.
Working with media in the extreme conditions of an exhibition
- Planning of meetings (nobody's dropping in) - Holding interviews (preparation of attractive tricks) - Materials for media (new traditions) - Making friends (nice and useful) - Media monitoring (who is who) - Online and offline media (differences and specifics) - Info-sponsorship (worth nothing but admired) - Night life (all's just getting started)
A fatal mistake of software company's PR manager or practical tips for working with media
Promt Marketing Director
The importance of media contacts in software product promotion is self-evident, but how can PR communications be made really efficient? The report will include a review of individual cases of typical mistakes made by PR specialists in their work with mass media and present a number of recommendations for increasing the media contacts efficiency.
Software publishing & Sales in German Speaking Europe
Joost van Leur
Top Systems managing director
This presentation addresses the particularities of this market, publishing strategies, the generic aspects and what is specific to this market. Based on this there are a couple of entry strategies which will be discussed focussing both on Consumer/stand alone products and Enterprise/server/multi-user products. Also some pitfalls will be addressed that have to be avoided and by avoiding significantly increase the level of success.
The report is dedicated to the results obtained by the developers motivation fund set up by Microsoft in cooperation with Softkey. With help from the fund, developers of end-user applications get the opportunity to receive extra financing for their developments until the first sales of the application. Hundreds of requests have been considered during the time of the fund's operation, several applications created with support from the fund have successfully found their way to the market and are bringing profit to their creators. In their reports, the fund's organizers (Alexander Lozhechkin on behalf of Microsoft and Alexey Rovdo on behalf of Softkey) will speak about the fund's activities, review typical mistakes and retell applicants' success stories.
Holding a Press Conference as the Key PR Campaign Event
Softkey И.о. руководителя отдела маркетинга
A successful press conference is like a good date: it brings the direct result and promotes further development of relations. This is why the event has to be organized in such a way as to: a) meet exactly the people you want to meet; b) get them interested without appearing obtrusive; c) give hope for fruitful long-term relations; d) make them look forward to the next meeting; e) when you succeed, be sure to call and invite them for a new meeting.
Product or Service - Which Model Is the Better One?
Alawar Entertainment CEO
- Comparing the product and service models of software promotion and sales ; - Examples from parallel universes - music, games and other digital content; - Examples from cross universes – Offline; - How all of us can use similar experience – cases of changed IT sales models; - The main question: who are we – developers and sellers or creators of a community?
CD as a lucrative means of software promotion and advertizing
1. The today’s market of CDs estimates 100 mln of advertisement units. 2. The condition for placement of your software in this market is working with a large publisher. 3. Revenues in this sector are immense. 4. Specifics of agreements – royalty + fix. 5. Examples of agreements with developers. 6. Possibilities of co-development. 7. Developers management from the point of view of a publisher. 8. Frequent mistakes made in working with publisher.
DOWNLOAD.RU as a means of promotion and sales on the domestic software market
Download.ru Project Manager
- Difficulties that software developers experience in promoting via the internet in Russia - New possibilities of Russia's oldest software catalogue Download.ru for software developers and resource visitors - DOWNLOAD marketing programme for software developers. In particular, software developers will be able to learn how to profit with our assistance and how to bring more target audience to their resources.
02/01/2013 ISDEF Spring 2013
Independent Software Developers Forum announces ISDEF Spring 2013, the spring conference, will take place 18-22 April in Belgrad, Serbia. First time conference will take place outside CIS countries.
08/23/2012 ISDEF 2012, the 11th annual fall conference
ISDEF 2012, the 11th annual fall conference organized by the Independent Software Developers Forum (ISDEF), will first time take place October 04 - October 07 at the Milan hotel in Moscow.